Create Mesh

how to create a Mesh like picture 2 with grasshopper, when I do it, it looks like picture 1, someone guide me, many thanks

Here’s a way to do this with just Grasshopper components:

mesh_hexagon.gh (18.3 KB)

1 Like

1 Like

tks very much

really short, thank you so much

May I ask why this is in the code:
Q{0;12;1;2}

What plugin is that?

Hope this helps:

construct_mesh.gh (10.5 KB)

1 Like

Or you can create brep surfaces following desired shape, and turn it into mesh after.

1 Like

What command do you use to turn it into a grid?
Can you give me a specific guide to what you mean?

It is under curve category so I thought this was a native.
But if not, maybe …I guess it comes from Curve Plus.

there is a million ways to make a brep like this.
In this case I make 6 surfaces from closed polyline using boundary surfaces. After that, simple mesh, and weld mesh vertices(mesh+, if I remember correctly. must have plugin)

pgm.gh (10.3 KB)

1 Like

exactly what i needed, thank you so much

1 Like

Here’s a simple GHPython solution using the RhinoCommon mesh class. One really should avoid hacky brep/surface-based workarounds for cases such as this.

230523_PolylineMeshDisc_00.gh (8.3 KB)

3 Likes

Where can I learn python online to do this? Thank you

What is wrong with my solution? I think it’s all based on context. If he is trying to understand general principles and solve a real problem, it will work just fine.

Since you asked, a couple of things that immediately spring to mind:

1. It’s a needlessly complex and indirect hack/kludge to a problem that has a simple direct solution.

2. It doesn’t work with nonplanar polygons.

3. It requires third party plugins.

4. It requires a plane input.

1 Like
  1. Programming on python is not a simple solution.
    2,4 is about surface creation, you can change it easily to match your needs. Grasshopper has a lot more tools to work with nurbs geometry, that you can turn into mesh afterwards.
    Imo when you are doing a real job you do not have the time to use neither the most beautiful solution, nor the one you do not fully understand.

Yep, it is Curve+.

|100%xauto

Now I think of it, actually this component is really powerful, it can turn any polygon into quads.