Create a toposolid and subdivisions using RiR

I would like to know if there is a way to create a toposolid using RiR and assign subdivisions to it, but have the result be a clipped toposolid, not an unclipped one.


(The toposolid is overlapping the subdivisions. Is there a way to work around this?)

topo.gh (26.0 KB)

Revit 2026.1 Version

Thank you in advance.

I’d like to know if this is what you want?
AddToposolidSubD.gh (34.1 KB)

Hello, @jessesn.

No, but I think you can achieve this result in a version other than Revit 2026. When doing this in Revit 2026, the subdivisions still overlap the toposolid. Versions like 2024 and 2025 create a layer over the toposolid, without cutting it. I amtrying to avoid this solid overlap in Revit 2026 (i.e., by cutting the solid — doing this manually, Revit creates these cuts where there are subdivisions automatically, but I would like to do it in Grasshopper).

Thanks in advance!

Are there any updates on this? I can generate separate Toposolids for every path and vegetation area but its not ideal. Thanks!

Hi Team, is there a solution for this topo issue?

@realtaiwanese have you tried add toposolid and add toposolid subdivision component?

Hi Muhammad, yes, I did. The one on the left in the image was created with RIR’s subdivision. The one on the right was created in Revit. Wondering if there is a way to fix the overlapping issue. I know I can reduce the thickness of the subdivision, but I want to find a better solution for this. Thanks

Can’t you use excavation tool. That is what I see in your case on right.

@realtaiwanese use the following solution. Use subdivision as cutter


Error does not change based on inputs or Boolean. Perhaps a simple permissions problem in my components folder? (Edit: Python problem nothing to do with RIR - Scripting Languages Initialization fails due to security policies )

In general I also have the problem that Grasshopper plugins (eg. meshedit, pufferfish) don’t load in the Rhino 8 instance inside Redit, but do load in my normal Rhino 8. Quite odd!

What kinds of cutting elements can be used? A simple volume created by the direct shape component, for example?

Not directshape, it could be slab, floor etc