Create a loft (or a srf) from closed curves. I CAN'T MANAGE!

Hi Guys,
I am having big troubles to create a surface out of this 5 crvs. I would usually loft them, but this time it doesn’t seem to work. It creates a weird srf :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yes, I know that some of the crvs are quite complex (lot of control points) but I can’t rebuild them, since I need them to be exactly in the shape and form they are. Moreover, I daily work on Rhino since years and never ever had an issue of building a srf out of TweensCrvs.

Any suggestions, please? is there (maybe) a way I am not aware of to create a srf our of closed curves?

Thanks!
Flavio

Loft Fails.3dm (108.2 KB)

Checking Refit in the Loft dialog with something like your file tolerance seems to help a lot… with the shape anyway, but it still creates a very noisy surface with a zillion control points.

Your object is also very large for millimeters and a file tolerance of .001. I might work in cm or even m with that size of an object - you can’t hold a one micron tolerance over 67 meters… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you were to work in meters and accept a tolerance of 1 cm (0.010) - you could try the following:

Use _RebuildCrvNonUniform with a value of 0.01 (meters), it can be done within that tolerance with 121 curve points on each. Then Loft. You will get a (somewhat) nicer surface…

RebuiltLoft.3dm (243.7 KB)

Yeeeah…I know. Unfortunately this file wasn’t born very well, for a number of reasons, and I had to work on what I had received.

Anyways, thank you very much for your help :slight_smile:
At the end, I’ve worked exactly on that direction.