🔥 Checking Fire Rating of Doors and Walls

:fire: Checking Fire Rating of Doors and Walls :fire:

In this tutorial I compared fire rating values of doors and their host walls. Then filtered doors that doesn’t have the same value as their host element. This was fairly simple example to demonstrate how to filter Revit data in Grasshopper.

4 Likes

I’d highly suggest picking the Doors category from the Builtin Categories picker component. Specifying the “Doors” in English text makes this definition break on Revit of a different language. But using the Builtin Categories picker, you’ll always get the corrent category no matter what the Revit language is

3 Likes

I got this habit from Dynamo. We were having a lot of problems when working with pickers. A script that worked in 2021 stopped working in 2022 because we have a new category in Revit etc. Is it the same with built-in categories picker? If not, i will definitely start using it more often:)

1 Like

I also faced a lot of times that my definitions crashed when others used it with different Revit language version when “Query categories”, so I started using Built-In Categories instead and all the definitions just work as expected, so yea, it’s definitely a good practice :slight_smile:

1 Like