Changing label order

Hi,

I’d like to sort these panels in a proper order, as they are all over the place.
The stated “proper order” would be : [0,1,2,3].
Thanks for any tips or solution !

Rough.gh (732.8 KB)

I don’t get it… Is it a question, or a declaration?

I want to label numbers in proper order now its in different location i want sort it properly. like 0 1 2 3…

Ok, let’s start over on a good step then.

"
Hi,

I’d like to sort these panels in a proper order, as they are all over the place.
The stated “proper order” would be : [to be clarified by you]. (height, or around the facade? we need delails)
Thanks for any tips or solution !
"

I don’t think it’s that hard to be polite over people who are keen to help for free :slight_smile:

sorry Antoine

I like the sarcasm going on here ! :slight_smile:

What is the order you want? If the panels are in a linear array, yes, your description “0,1,2,…” is enough. (even though you would need to specify direction)

When we go 2d, well, there are already countless ways of numbering. By column? by rows?
The facade looks to be a 2d numbering problem, so we need a little bit more precision.
Maybe you can pull out a paint capture where you mark the numbering you have in mind?

1 Like

I used a “closest point walk” technique from here:

Rough_2020Oct1a.gh (768.7 KB)

1 Like

Is possible text and number. eg: 1,1a. for this I need to use path mapper.

Yes, of course, very easy. Trivial. Do you really have to ask?

Rough_2020Oct1b.gh (768.1 KB)

I suppose I should also mention that the breps are sorted in the green group.

1 Like

I’m sorry I didn’t catch this in the two previous versions I posted. Honestly, I was baffled about why I was seeing only wireframes instead of surfaces and a little embarrassed to admit how long it took me to realize why… In case anyone else forgets too, it is ‘Display | Wireframe Preview vs. Shaded Preview’, or these icons in the Canvas Toolbar:

Rough_2020Oct1b2

Rough_2020Oct1c.gh (773.9 KB)

1 Like