Cannot run _EditPythonScript . "Failed to load language..."

Hi,

Following on from this post:

I get the same error:

Error occured loading plug-in
 Details:
Failed to load language 'IronPython 2.7.5': Method not found: 'Boolean Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.ReflectionUtils.IsInterface(System.Type)'.

I do have another version of IronPython installed but I need this to use numpy in the 32 bit Rhino 5. Uninstalling this is not really an option.

Does anyone have an alternative work around?

Hi @wattzie,

Do you have IronPython installed? Check Control Panel > Programs and Features.

– Dale

Yes I do but I need this to use numpy in the 32 bit Rhino 5. Uninstalling this is not really an option.

I also get the same error when starting Grasshopper:

Priority: GhpyLoader
{
  Failed to load language 'IronPython 2.7.5': Method not found: 'Boolean Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.ReflectionUtils.IsInterface(System.Type)'.
  TargetInvocationException
}

Just to be clear, this is happening with Version 6
(6.3.18090.471, 2018-03-31)

Wattzie is right, we still need a way to use Numpy and SciPy in Rhino 6!

Importing Math.NET as suggested in the following post is far from giving you the power and flexibility of Numpy and SciPy…

What version of IronPython is installed when you go to the control panel? I would like to try and repeat this.

As a replacement for the aging 32bits version of SciPy and NumPy that were host by Enthought here:

http://code.enthought.com/.iron/README.txt
http://code.enthought.com/.iron/eggs/index.html

a tech support from Enthought suggested that I use the following Pythonnet package (which seems very much alive compared to the IronPython on which Microsoft stopped working in 2012):

Does anybody have tried it with Rhino 6 (64bits)? Could it be a way to use up to date powerful Python libraries within Rhino?

nympy and scipy were installed following the procedure in this thread:

It is a little convoluted but it works and gives access to the entire nympy scipy library that I have found invaluable in my development.

PM me if you are having trouble with this installation and i can send you a more detailed procedure.

Have a look at this:

You should get away by disabling the GAC option in the installer.

Interesting, Thanks! I will try it early next week and update on the results.

Uninstalling 2.7.1 and installing 2.7.5 does the trick.

Thanks!