Build the solution .dll for AutoCAD - Rhino 7 WIP

rhino
wip
rhinowip
inside
(Franco Crudi) #1

Hi everyone!

I hope someone might be able to give me some advice about an issue I am having with the Rhino7 WIP and AutoCAD.

I have followed the instructions on how to build the RhinoInside.AutoCAD.dll to run with the .NET application within Autocad but I couldn’t build it with Visual Studio 2017. Here I upload a screen capture of the bug when I tried to Build the solution (17 errors and 6 warnings).

I tried to build the solution for Revit and everything was Ok so I don’t know where the problem is.

Thanks for your help,

Franco.

(Dale Fugier) #2

Hi @franco.crudi,

What version of AutoCAD do you have installed? I believe I build this sample against AutoCAD 2019.

– Dale

(Franco Crudi) #3

Hi Dale,

Thanks for answering. I have installed AutoCAD 2019.

(Ant) #4

Hi @dale

I am having the exact same issue as @franco.crudi was having here.
I cannot seem to get the build talking to AutoCad 2019 which I have installed on my system , any help would be appreciated, this is the error I am getting…

issue

(Dale Fugier) #5

In order to debug the plug-in, the plug-in must be running. For the plug-in to run, AutoCAD must be running and have loaded the plug-in. To get AutoCAD running, set acad.exe as the your project Debug startup action.

– Dale

(Ant) #6

Thanks for that, I am totally new at this.
I made that change an ACAD launches which is promising! but I still get something like 30 errors in the build.
I am thinking that the problem I have is that when I use Netload in ACAD, I cannot find the .dll file that is needed.
Which I think this VS2017 project is building?

thanks so much for your help again

(Ant) #7

Found the issue,it was the reference paths! now it builds with no errors,
but when I run TestRhinoInside in auto-cad nothing happens