Rhino Inside AutoCAD GUI

Rhino Inside Revit seems to open up a graphical rhino Eto form essentially while Rhino Inside Auto CAD seems to be restricted to using the Rhino Common Library in a command. I seem to be struggling to recreate the Rhino Inside Revit plugin for Auto CAD because of different UI Libraries being used. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Hello @shashwat.suri! I’ve moved this over to the #serengeti:inside part of the forum where the discussion around Rhino.Inside is more active in hopes it will attract more attention.

1 Like

Hi @shashwat.suri,

Rhino.Inside is based on .NET. Thus, you can use your favorite .NET UI library, such as WinForms or WPF. If you like Eto, you can use that too.

Or am I miss understanding your question?

– Dale

I apologize if my question was unclear. What I meant by that is that I’m unable to to fire off Rhino.Inside from AutoCAD in an Eto form due to different UI libraries used by Revit and AutoCAD. Stuff like DirectContext3D or ControlledUIApplication don’t exist in AutoCAD.

Hi @shashwat.suri,

The source code for Rhino.Inside Revit cannot be used in AutoCAD, and AutoCAD and Revit have totally different APIs.

– Dale