BUG: PDF from rhino MAC missing line thickness

Hi,

I can’t save a layout from PDF with the defined line thicknesses.
Is there a hack to fix this?

Thanks.

Hello- on Mac, if you Export to pdf rather than Print, you get more printing controls. I know, I know…

-Pascal

Interesting hidden feature.
Unfortunately Export to PDF immediately and consistently crashed Rhino.:frowning:

Does this crash when exporting something simple like a single curve or is this crash specific to a model you are working on?

@stevebaer It’s specific to a model

Hej Morten -

In that case, we would like to see that model. You can use Rhino - Upload to Support to upload it.
-wim

Still massive problems making a PDF from Rhino!
This should be top priority to fix.
Is there a PDF exporter for Rhino I can install?

I have an upcoming deadline :hot_face:

Current problems:
Export to PDF crashes Rhino. :sob:
Print to PDF is not able to print with print colours and correct line weight :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I see you are using the Adobe pdf printer - what happens if you set this to ‘no printer’ and then go down to the PDF dropdown and Save as PDF - does that do anything different?

-Pascal

@pascal It’s not possible not to select a printer.

I did manage to print a multipage PDF with the dropdown menu.
But you have to go through all the layouts in the layout panel of rhino, otherwise the pages will just print blank, except for the title block which was a block.

However the line weights are still all the same…
So if I only ask you to fix one thing it would be the line weight BUG.

Please. Thanks.

BTW.
Makes no sense that default line weight is set in the printer menu. It should ‘travel’ with the document and therefor be included in the Document preferences under line types or annotations…

I mean this -

Since so far no one here can reproduce what you see using Print, I am wondering if setting things this way and just using the PDF menu at the bottom does anything. Grasping at straws.

Can you also please run SystemInfo in Rhino and copy/paste the results here?

-Pascal

OK. This is great.
I didn’t get the option to select “no printer selected”.
But then I deleted the Adobe PDF printer from OS X system and voila.

This solves the problem with lineweight, so I can’t ask for more now. :pray:

It must have been the Adobe PDF printer corrupting something!

Thanks @pascal

2 Likes