BUG: Force Vertical or Horizontal DIM is broken

Both the Vertical and the Horizontal DIM commands are broken. They both acts like ordinary _DIM commands where the “pause pause Horizontal/Vertical” option in the macros are ignored since there are no such options in the command any more.

Please fix :slight_smile:

Yes, these are very useful options.
I can confirm this.
I wonder if any of the command options work any more.
My Rhino Version: Rhino 6, 6.13.19058.371
Rhino 5 is confirmed to still work.
Has this been addressed?

Hello - as far as I can see here, this works as expected - if you run ToolbarReset and restart Rhino, do you still see the problem?

-Pascal

I filed an issue a little while ago - I’ll find it.
The issue only happens under specific circumstances…

Here we go: RH-51445

Ah, OK- I guess that is a slightly different thing - the OP here was about the macros in the specific horizontal and vertical buttons, which (I think) are currently at least, correct.

-Pascal

1 Like

Yes, the problem still exists.

If I use the horizontal dimension button (In the Dimension Tab) it should always create a horizontal dimension no matter how I select the points.

If I select points that are more vertical than horizontal I get a vertical dimension when I expect a horizontal dimension.

The same issue exists with the vertical dimension button.

Hello - I think the bug you see is what @wim reported. - can you confirm that if you place the dims in the Front view it works as expected from the buttons?

-Pascal

Yes it does seem to work okay in the front view.

Most of the work I am doing now involves working with 2d shapes and I use the top view for these jobs.

I didn’t think of trying a different view.

Thanks, Jamie.

I also ran across this bug today. Very surprising in such mature software. Did it break recently from some related update?

gif

Btw, I am able to create a vertical dimension when the gap is very large. I only see this when I want a vertical dimension from an almost horizontal line.

EDIT: I can confirm it is broken the other way around as well. I tried to create a horisontal dimension from two points with mostly vertical separation, and Rhino forced a vertical dimension on me instead.

Not recently, no.
Thanks

Are there plans on ever fixing this issue? This seems to have been broken since version 6 was released.
It makes my work much more difficult than necessary.

@jamiechi From YT i see it is planned for v7 …

However i tried it and i probably dont understand the issue ?

Ahh i understand they should be fixed while all behaves the same.

Yes, it does appear to be fixed in V7 WIP