Brep to mesh

Hello everybody!
Help project the plane of the road onto the mesh. I found such a script on the forum, but it only projects lines onto the mesh.
thanks.

Brep on mesh.3dm (1.0 MB)
Brep on mesh.gh (7.0 KB)

You’re using a pirated license and asking for help here :-1:

Search results for ‘corporate license pirated’ - McNeel Forum

1 Like

Keep in mind that not everybody can afford spending a lot of money on software licenses, and yet you might sometimes need a program for a specific task. I don’t mean to condone piracy, but it’s something to keep in mind.

I understand that not everyone can afford a license. That’s not the point.

Nothing justifies stealing something when I can’t afford it.

There’s amazing freeware / open source software.

1 Like

This doesn’t appear to be a case of broke student trying to get their homework done. They had an evaluation in 2018 and have been very active, presumably getting paid to do so.

5 Likes

Really? Yet, stealing is a big part of the social and economic structure of Western societies and maybe also others. I respect your moral compass though.

I don’t think their forum stats really reflect anything about anyone.

1 Like

Who’s exploiting who here? McNeel isn’t Autodesk, any Cyberpunk ethos really doesn’t apply.

1 Like

Shots fired! :rofl:

LOL, as in dystopian vision where nature and climate have been ruined by corporate greed, overconsumption, and overpopulation, humankind is highly dependent on drugs and technology, and mega-corporations steer the governments and the future of humanity to further fill the pockets of few with absurd riches?

1 Like

curious how you can tell. I mean other than because they have a corporate license and they’re asking such a basic question.

Plenty justifies stealing things when we can’t afford them.

But Rhino is cheap enough that anyone capable of making a living off rhino can afford to buy rhino.

Based on the information in the linked posts above, McNeel does not have any “Corporate” licenses.

1 Like

What is the problem? I have been a student since 2017 and the training lasts six years. If you do not want to help me with my question, help those who have the same questions. And I also want to remind you that this forum is not about srach on the Internet, but serves as an educational base. Peace and goodness)

1 Like

Those two things are not exclusive. This a public forum and you are entitled to ask for help without even having a trial. I could ask a question without even having used Rhino, ever, just out of plain curiosity. You don’t have to pay anything to get help here.

Also, OP is right, this forum serves as an educational base to everybody, so not helping one person for their license means not helping many who do have one…

Regarding your question, there is no way to project anything else rather than curves or points.

What you could do is convert your terrain mesh to a surfaces with MeshToNurb. (it will actually be a polysurface, but you can run DupBorder to get the edges and then Patch to get a surface). Then DupBorder of the roads, project those curves to the surface, and split the surface with those curves.

In GH it would look something like this:

project.gh (739.3 KB)

2 Likes

thanks, I’ll try

It’s a privately owned forum operated by the company he stole his software from.

What a savage! :rofl:

1 Like

Irrelevant, all points still stand.

‘Privately owned forum’ ?? Its a service McNeel pays for like any other discourse…

From Community Guidelines, please note the word ‘Public’. So no matter how ‘privately’ McNeel ‘owns’ this forum, it is still Public.

This is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion

Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.

These are not hard and fast rules, merely aids to the human judgment of our community. Use these guidelines to keep this a clean, well-lighted place for civilized public discourse.

Also, ironically, you guys are not contributing to the conversation, so you are violating community guidelines. Might want to calibrate those moral compasses…

1 Like

If you think I’m violating community guidelines by pointing out that this person is asking for help on McNeel’s forum with software that he stole from McNeel, please report me to the admins.

Go ahead. I’ll wait.

1 Like

McNeel has been fully aware of the license abuse and have still helped everyone, in all aspects, for years. I don’t see this changing.

We do ask you to please purchase a valid license.

To help student users the license is 80% off

• The same features as the commercial version.
  • No watermark or other limitation.
  • Does not expire.
  • No additional maintenance or support fees.
  • Can be used for commercial activities.
  • Upgradeable at educational prices if the owner still qualifies for educational prices.
  • Upgradeable at commercial prices if the owner no longer [qualifies]
3 Likes

The script seems to work, but I can not bake the geometry of the roads that are projected onto the relief