Bouncing Decohedron Problem (Kangaroo)

Hi All

I have made a Decohedrom with NGON and tried to stimulate a boucing ball effect in Kangaroo, I think it’s almost there as you may like to see in the attached file. I just wanted to find out how to make the ball bounce back and forth because it is very idle at the moment. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance,
kind regards
dome Ngon.gh (25.6 KB)

Yutaka

You might want to post this with the mesh of your decahedron internalized since not everyone is using the ngon plugin.

Here’s less idle, more lively version :slight_smile:

This generates the mesh differently, and uses pressure to keep the shape. It uses the floor with friction, which allows it to roll instead of just slide, and I reduced the damping in the bouncy solver.
bouncyball.gh (16.7 KB)

6 Likes

dome Ngon_internatlsed mesh.gh (15.0 KB)
Hi Martin

Of course , here’s the internalized file .

Thank you Daniel for your suggestion and that’s certainly very lively.
I could not seem to retrieve the Floor Friction plug-in for some reason, would you kindly show me where I can obtain it ?

Many thanks indeed
Yutaka

Hi @rhinospaced - that’s not a separate plugin but it was a fairly recent addition, you just need to update your Rhino to a newer service release.

1 Like

Well it is missing some inputs but I think Daniel was able to help you in the meantime.

Daer Martin

Yes that was what I needed and thank you for your help, apologize for the messy file!

All the best!

Yutaka

Dear Daniel

Its working fine now, thank you and thanks for the remesher too , its amazing as it seems to have been optimized in parameters, thank you for your contribution to the discourse!

Best
Yutaka!