Seem to have a rendering issue here. Is there any workaround? I did a boolean difference, and part of my main surface just disappeared–completely outside the space that would’ve been affected. This loss of surface exists in all views, except when viewing my wireframe. Isocurves still there, just surface rendering issue. I’ve done this 3 times now, all with the same effect.
It would be helpful if you can attach a file. If we can replicate the same error, we can try to solve it.
Possible causes could be anything from large fillet radii, to co-planar surfaces. One can only speculate without a sample file.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I’ve attached the file right before performing the boolean difference. I brought only these pieces into a new file. I got rid of the fillets on the edges. Still getting the same error, just in a different position now.
Hello - look closely here:
you’ll see the edges are not looking good:
That is no doubt messing up the render meshes.
Thank you. Surprised I missed that. I will englarge the radius on the original curve that I created that surface with.
Hello - you can repair on the spot -
But I notice the holes right there are over complex - as if made from trim curves rather than clean cylinders - I’d fix those as well.
Some fixed up surfaces:
sample failure fix maybe.3dm (567.1 KB)