Block behavior

A lot of my recent work is window and retail displays. Traditionally I put all the glass on a layer called glass and then in Display I set the glass panels to show as wireframe so I see the edges.

In V6 when I do this it looks as expected when I changed the mode in display but the moment I move (scroll) away, the geometry turns opaque.

Sorry, I’m not following the specifics of what you’re doing.
Can you please flesh out the description so I can do exactly the same thing you are?
I might need a simple sample model

1. I make my glass pane.
  2. I make it a block.
  3. I select the glass pane (while the Block editor is open) and set Display to Wireframe
  4. It appears as it should -

1. As soon as I move my mouse, it reverts to Shaded

Hi Alex,
I’m trying to reproduce this but don’t understand how you set the object “Display to Wireframe”.

I’m also seeing something but unlike you, the object goes shaded as soon as I exit the Block Editor.

So, I double-click the window to open the Block Editor, select the object, call “-SetObjectDisplayMode” and set this to Wireframe. At that point, the scene looks like this:

When I then click the OK button on the Block Editor, I get this:

When I now try to select the window, I need to hit it at an isocurve because Rhino clearly thinks it’s in Wireframe mode whereas it displays as shaded.

I’m going this route: Display > Set object shading attributes > Mode: Wireframe which sounds like the same thing you’re doing.

But a new version downloaded to my computer this morning and the behavior is now as expected so maybe it’s been resolved.