Blending surfaces in 3 directions

@Rhino_Bulgaria Isn’t there anything inside Rhino, or any script, that can detect when the weight of a control point on a surface moves away from the value of 1?

The only known indication so far is the newly introduced diamond shape of the weighted control points in Rhino 9 WIP. However, I have no idea how Rhino 7 could detect these.
It’s a sad situation, because most surfacing issues come from this bug caused secretly by several tools.

Ever since I discovered this control point weight thing, I constantly feel like there’s always some random point hidden somewhere with a different weight, silently ruining my blend surface.
At this point I’m not even modeling surfaces anymore… I’m basically performing exorcisms on control points.:smiling_face_with_tear::face_in_clouds:
I’m genuinely terrified of points now.
I seriously need a tool that detects control point weights automatically… I need it, ahahaha. :rofl:

Or simply run the “RemoveParanoia” command that restores the control point weight to 1. :smiley:

This could be easily scripted.

!_PointsOn 
_pause
_SelPt
_-Weight 
1 
_enter

This does the job, just needs to be activated after every use of “Deg” and a few other commands. Perhaps it could be added to run automatically after those commands.

I made a slightly modified version of your script that also hides the control points:
“Set control point weight to 1”
!_PointsOn _Pause _SelPt _-Weight 1 _Enter _Cancel _Cancel

However, if all control points already have the same weight of 1, the control points will not hide after running this macro. Weird…