Bending rod - Circles - Splines?

Hey guys… I am trying to create this kind of geometry in Grasshopper but I can’t figure out how to do it !
I tried using kangaroo to bend the curves with cables but the geometries are not what I imagined and probably it’s not the right way to achieve it?!. If someone could help me I would really appreciate it!! Here the gh definition that I tried and some examples of what I would like to create ate the end.

Thank you!
20190619_130547|690x388 Bending_rod.gh
31128413134_e5dc663048_b|690x460

I think you are heading in the right direction.
The thing that is maybe missing in your simulation at the moment is something to keep the rods tangent, not just pull them together between a pair of points.
This can be achieved by pulling a pair of consecutive points on one rod to a pair on the other.

circle_rod_bend.gh (13.2 KB)

Thank you Daniel for the input!! Is it also possible with kangaroo to create the geometry that I showed in the pictures with one curve? or is it necessary combine more curves together?

You might need more than one curve, but I don’t think it should be necessary to simulate every rod in the bundle separately where you have lots together. You might want to increase the strength of the bending in those parts though, to reflect the larger total cross section.