Attachments Currently Broken

(Steve Baer) #1

I just updated our discourse server to the latest version on Sunday and found out last night that adding attachments is now broken. I am currently looking into a fix for this.

(Brian James) #2

This is still broken Steve… any ideas yet?

(Steve Baer) #3

Still broken. The issue is being discussed at

(Brian James) #4

Thank you Steve! I’d be in favor of a roll back to 0.9.7.2 if it persists past this week.

(Steve Baer) #5

I’ve made hours and hours of changes to the server last night in order to start bringing up non-English versions of the discourse server. Downgrading to 0.9.7.2 scares me a bit.

(Steve Baer) #6

Testing attachments.

(Steve Baer) #7

Yes! Looks like we are back to being able to post lol catz

Hi Steve
When will be ready the Italian version?
Ciao Vittorio

(Steve Baer) #9

I am working on this. There is one minor feature that I am investigating before we make these sites available.

The S3 attachments bug is fixed in master now, this can probably be closed.

Hi Steve, it looks like downloading attachments from posts is broken over here. I´ve tried to download *.3dm and *.zip files from different posts by left click and nothing happens. If i right click and choose “save target as” i get a file with a random name and correct extension which cannot be opened. I´m using Firefox.

Anything i can do to tackle this ?

c.

Yep, same here…

–Mitch

(Steve Baer) #13

@sam or @codinghorror ; sounds like there may be a regression in the latest build of discourse.

Will look at it in the next few hours, sorry.

Testing image upload

Testing txt

test (2).txt (14 Bytes) File upload

Confirmed the issue … having a look

@stevebaer fixed now, thanks for letting me know! Sorry, NGINX is complicated.

Attachments do work here with FF, thanks. But there are two new issues:

If i mark a post (star) while i´m watching it, then click on Forums on the top, i do not see the mark in the list of posts, nor do i see my own icon in the list of users if i had replied to that post. If i refresh the page the star and user icon is there. If i then click on a post again, then on Forum, the star mark and my own icon is not remembered until i refresh the page again.

c.