AntFarm - data management for Rhino and GH - Pre-Release out now

Glad to see that this is still being developed. What are the plans for the future? Is this open source or are there plans to commercialize this? I’m curious if this is something we could fork and continue development on. I’m looking to bring similar functionality into Rhino to manage some of the data we are writing into blocks for our construction documentation workflows.

It is not open source and most likely never will be. Commercialization is on the table yes. There is a very rough API that can be used to interact with the base system, the Grasshopper Plugin is built from this.

Doesn’t seem to work in RIR. IT says plugin failed to load. I’m using Rhino 8 and Revit 2024.

The grasshopper plugin crashes rhino when inside Revit. See error below. Grasshopper will crash Revit and Rhino.

Object: AF_GH_PropertyTypeDeconstruct (level 1)
{
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
TargetInvocationException
}

Object: AF_GH_PropertyTypeDeconstruct (level 2)
{
The type initializer for ‘AntFarm.AntFarm’ threw an exception.
TypeInitializationException
}

Object: AF_GH_PropertyTypeDeconstruct (level 3)
{
Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Collections.Concurrent, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
FileNotFoundException
}

Object: AF_GH_AttributeTypeConstruct (level 1)
{
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
TargetInvocationException
}

Object: AF_GH_AttributeTypeConstruct (level 2)
{
The type initializer for ‘AntFarm.AntFarm’ threw an exception.
TypeInitializationException
}

Object: AF_GH_AttributeTypeConstruct (level 3)
{
Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Collections.Concurrent, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
FileNotFoundException
}