AntFarm - data management for Rhino and GH - Pre-Release out now

Thanks for your help.

Well you can export the GML file with FZK viewer (STL-format) and import it into rhino. Antfarm always worked for me just by dragging and dropping the file into the view. Within the plugin-manager shown in your second picture, have you unchecked the checkbox at the bottom?

How do you update data using the grasshopper plugin? It looks like you can createa a new data set but I didn’t see anyway to manipulate the data. I tried using the SQL query component with an UPDATE command, but was running into difficulty. Whats the recommended workflow to update, insert or upsert data entries?

Is this plugin dead? I can’t seem to find it in the Package Manager and food4rhino?

Hi all,

Trying to Dataset - Import - CSV and got an error “Access to the path 'C:' is denied. | source: mscorlib”
“Browse” in Command line is clickable but doing nothing.

Kind regards,
Dmitry

Hi Dmitry,

I will have a look. We just moved the code base to Rhino 8 and waiting for v8.2 to make new packages availabe in the Package Manager.

Kindest
Christian

Please use the Package Manager inside Rhino to install the plugin.

Thats a good one. Sorry for getting back so late. I had other things on my radar. Pure SQL is not supported right now. We are working on it - as this will be the mot powerful part of this plugin.

It also requires a lot of knowlegde from the user as you can easily break everything with one SQL statement. First thing we will allow are SELECT statements. Therefore we need a SQL parser ;-). Didn’t have time yet to implement one.

Kindest
Christian

Just install all the plugins coming with AntFarm and Rhino/AntFarm will know what to do with cityGML files. When you open a cityGML file from your harddrive a Import GUI is poping up and let you select the options to import the file.

Let me know if you need some more guidance and we can setup a Zoom or something.

Kindet
Christian

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the reply,

You are doing a great job!

Kind regards,
Dmitry

Hello everyone,

we just made new packages for Rhino 8.2, with some nice improvements (thanks a lot @curtisw):

• Categories:
    -window layout (still some work to do here)
    -element selection in UI improved
  • CSV Import/Export working now (might need a video to clarify functionality)

You can find the new packages in the PackageManager (check "Include pre-releases“).

Kindest
Joel+Christian

1 Like

Hi Christian,

Thank you so much for your sharing.
I want to ask where can I download an old version, because my Rhino7 cant run this latest one.

Well, I might need to make a Rhino 7 build ;-). I will see if I can make it with one code base.

Kindest
Christian

Meanwhile a new version for RH8.2 is availabe.

Kindest
Joel+Christian

Alright. I just made packages (version 0.0.50) for RH7.35 and RH8.2 both available in the package manager (make sure to check "Include pre-releases“). Please let me know if there are any issues.

Kindest
Christian

PS: RH7.35 might give you an error when installing the package AntFarmGH (ID already in use). Please igrnore - works anyway. Enjoy.

Good evening from Germany,

we just made new packages for RH8.3 and RH 7.35 with some improvements and bugfixes (v0.0.64 available via PackageManager).
Improvements:
GeoData import now as group of RhinoObjects
Undo/Redo bug fixes
GH - Geometry Deconstruct component to access the referenced geometry / GH geometry
Viewport and DataGrid selection improved

Kindest
Joel+Christian

Hey Paul,

you might want to check the latest version - we import now as groups - you can use them much easier in GH. To access the geometry you will need to use the GeometryDeconstruct component.

Kindest
Christian

1 Like

I will check it out! Thanks!

1 Like

…Any chance to import the citygml files via file-path?

I would need to make a custom component, I guess. Doable. You’ve seen the Import Dialog - we would need to mimic all the settings. I will put it on the list.

Kindest
Christian

1 Like