Animation for Mac version

Hello! Does anyone know if the animation feature will be available on MAC at some point soon? Thank you :slight_smile:

We are hoping to get these tools into Mac Rhino V6.

4 Likes

Where to I get info for the animation in V6?
Do you know if we will be able to export this animation? Because it cannot be done in Bongo at the moment.

No one can get the Mac WIP yet. It’s not ready for user testing and comments yet.

Where to I get info for the animation in V6?
Do you know if we will be able to export this animation? Because it cannot be done in Bongo at the moment.

What I meant was: Where can I find info about V6 in general (windows included)? I cannot find anywhere what this animation feature is. Is it key-frameable? Something I can export as FBX?

The out-of-the-box animation in Rhino for Windows is quite simple. This is the simple functionality we are aiming at making work in Rhino 6 for Mac at a future date.

Bongo is available for Rhino 6 for Windows and has keyframes, but I’m not sure what gets transferred in FBX. Head on over to the Bongo Discourse category to find out.

I see. The animation is super simple. Rhino should export simple keyframe animation by default. :frowning:

Is there any explanation of how to use animations on mac now that this is available?

Hi -

Please let us know where the help file is not clear enough.
-wim

If you go to the help on the animation commands, you either wind up at the high level ANIMATION section or one of the commands.

If you are in the commands, it unclear is that it is a two-step process.

1. Define the path
  2. Record

If you read the path commands, there is no mention of the RECORD command.

If you are in the ANIMATION section, it says “In the Animation toolbar” and describes button clicking.

That which is confusing is there is no division between the command and the button approach.

I also not that the RECORD button is at the very bottom on the Animation help file.

I suggest that the path commands mention the record command and that the top level Animation section describe the SET_PATH__/RECORD commands.

Hope that helps.