Alternative to flow along surface

Hello everyone,
20240711-mattress.3dm (3.2 MB)

I am looking for a solution to wrap a pattern made of curves onto a polysurface. It is a non-developable surface, but it doesn’t matter if the pattern gets slightly distorted; the main thing is that the transitions between the individual surfaces (roundings at the edges) are clean. I have attached my work file and two example images of what I roughly want to achieve.

I have an alternative idea of how to achieve the result by using multiple surfaces and the intersect command, but this method wouldn’t be repeatable with other patterns. I am looking for a method that is universally applicable.

With the commands Project, Pull, and FlowAlongSrf, I have unfortunately not achieved any results so far.

Thank you very much for your time and help!

20240711-mattress.3dm (3.2 MB)

You could do this with texture mapping, assuming you need to render the result.
If you QuadRemesh the mattrass, the Unwrap the resulting mesh, you will get something like this:

This will require tools found in Rhino 8 though, and I see that you are running Rhino 6. If you want I can still upload the result in Rhino 6, if that helps.

There is also a plugin (haven’t tried it yet myself) for grasshopper that claims to apply patterns to polysurfaces, and they seem to have a Rhino 6 version of their plugin, which you could try.