Additional object snap: "Gumball"

Hello!
Could we please have an additional object snap option “Gumball”, please?

…so that an object’s Gumball location can be used as a snap target, somewhat similar to ‘Center’.

Thanks a lot!

can you give some more detail about this idea?

Would being able to drop a point at gumball location do the same thing?

Hello! Ah, yes, but how would I drop a point at Gumball location without being able to snap to the Gumball location?
Maybe I miss something, but I had numerous cases where I wanted to put something at an object’s GB, but could not. Can’t explain better.
Thanks!

atm you can’t, but I’m asking if we could say for instance, mark gumball location with a point would that serve your purposes?

I believe there would be a technical limitation snapping an object to the gumball as the gumball would move in relationship to the gumball, but, it may be possible to mark the gumball location with a point that would allow you to then use that point as a transform anchor point.

Thanks, Kyle! Putting a point where the Gumball is would of course help, although it would feel a bit ‘workaroundish’.

I just noticed that the ‘Distance’ tool already can snap to the Gumball, like I meant! However, other tools like ‘Line’ cannot. Maybe it’s an easier fix than thought.

Hi Eugen -

I’m not seeing that here. Perhaps you are snapping to a center that corresponds with the location of the gumball?

At any rate, I put the feature request on the list as RH-65895. If you ask me, this makes most sense as a point snap and not another new snap. But it does require that the gumball remains visible when creating new geometry - I don’t know if that gets in the way for people…
-wim

Oh, you are right… it was a point snap the Distance tool reacted to.
However, since Distance is a command that can be embedded, the Gumball remains shown →

How to deal with that… maybe some unobtrusive dot can be shown where the object Gumballs are. Optional, of course. Dunno… can’t know the technicalities.
Thanks!