Adding colour to different surfaces

Hello people. I have this figure, my question is, how can i give each surface a diferent color (if it is with the Rhino render, better). It is my first render, so sorry if it is stupid question. Thanks¡

here it is, i forgot

Hello - see

https://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/6/help/en-us/index.htm#commands/materials.htm#(null)

Does that help enough to get you started?

-Pascal

qq
Yes, it gives me an idea of variety of materials so i can difference each one. But my problem is, how can i asign each surface a different colour, as it is only one object. Sorry if i’m not clear. I’ll show in a screenshoot.

Hello - Ctrl-Shift select a face in a polysurface, find a material in the Materials panel that you like, and in the matrial RMB context menu, choose ‘Assign to object’. It looks to me from your first image like you may have a single surface there though, in which case you’ll have to split it up.

-Pascal

1 Like

I see. split it up then it is. Thank you very much¡

Hello - use Split > Isocurve, from the looks it.

-Pascal

I’ll try it, thanks. Although, i AM able to select each surface. I don’t know why i’m not being able to asign each one a colour. seela
I think there is no need to split it. Thank you

Hello - right no need to split it. I thought those might be control points, I guess they are not. What I described should work - get your materials in the Materials panel and assign from there via the context menu.

-Pascal

1 Like