Add direct shape - Material Cut Pattern not displayed

Is there a way (or will there in the future) to display the cut pattern in sectioned Rhino generated solids?

I would prefer this to object or category overrides.
I observed the same issue when directly importing rhino geometry in Revit.

1 Like

It seams a limitation in DirecrShape itself in Revit.
A workaround may be using Family.New component to create a Family and then instantiate a type of that family using FamilyInstance.ByLocation.
To assign materials an other style properties like materials you will need to use FamilyElement.ByBrep.

1 Like

Unbelivable!

2 Likes

I wonder how you managed to put it into Walls category?

@Czaja
Make sure the directshape element is categorized correctly for the element category that you want. Here is an example of a DirectShape sphere that is categorized as a wall and is being cut and hatched correctly

Hi @eirannejad,
Can you do that sections with patterns without overriding graphics? Only based on assigned material? Or exactly reproduce what @guido did? I can’t do any of these things…

Kike proposed making it as a Family to overcome one limitation, but as shown on my screenshot I got Category error.

This is working for me RiR 2020
have a play

Edit:
Actually you are right @Czaja. New Family no longer accepts Walls as a category.
Gen models, mass, columns and furniture work fine but others return that error. Not sure if it’s the latest RiR release or Revit 2020 because I’ve updated both since.

@kike
Ideas?

FamilyInstance.ByLocation.gh (13.0 KB)

It works! cool!