3Dconnexion spacemouse problem

Every now and again while using Rhino with a 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse it crashes the Mac. This time after restarting the Mac and Rhino, the SpaceMouse has limited functionality. It can control movement in the X, Y and Z axis but not rotate around the axis of X, Y and Z.

It performs as normal in the application/utility supplied with the SpaceMouse and the driver is up to date

Hi.
I use Space Mouse Pro on macOS Sierra 10.12.6, with iMac 3.2GHz Intel Core i5.
It works perfectly.
Version of the operating system and the Mac used. The Space Mouse settings can be published?
-Simon

Zsimon,

thanks for the reply.
I think everything is up to date. Mac mini 2.8GHz Intel Core i5 running High Sierra 10.13.3

SpaceMouse 3DxMacWare V10.5.1

Rhino version 5.4 (5E407)

The SpaceMouse is actually the wireless version, and I think this is part of the problem. Some times after power up, or after returning from sleep, the only way to make the SpaceMouse work is to disconnect then reconnect the wireless adapter.

Using the SpaceMouse (wireless) and Rhino has always seemed a bit flakey. A problem I had a few times in the past was working in Rhino, then switching focus to the browser and accidentally knocking the SpaceMouse would cause Rhino to just keep zooming out. Eventually I realised unplugging the wireless adapter would stop the constant zoom.

As I said in the original post, the SpaceMouse works fine in its own app, so I assume it’s something to do with the way it interfaces with Rhino.

I think I’ve read in a previous post that not all models are really supported in Rhino, so?!

I’ll try reinstalling drivers and I guess Rhino and see if it helps.

Yes. My experience with Rhino is that if possible to avoid wireless devices.
In particular, external usb 3.0 hd can interfere with wireless devices (mouse for example). The only 3D mouse supported by Rhino is the SpaceNavigator. I also have a feeling that High Sierra may have caused some problems with 3dConnexion devices, which is why I stayed on Sierra and 3DxWare Version 10.4.3.

-Simon