3D Printers for architecture

Hey family,

We are looking into buying a 3D printer for our architecture and interior design studio and wonder if any of you have experience (or expertise) that could share with the community.

Which one have you tried? What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks a lot!

*(I searched on the forum but there are no recent articles on this topic).

Start with a small, cheap printer and learn what you can and can’t do. I have only just begun my journey into 3d printing, starting with an Ender 3, so the above advice may be debunked by more experienced people.

We have a Prusa i3 MK3S+, it fit our Performance/Price/Ease of use needs better than the Ender or Ultimaker. It’s been running pretty much flawlessly for many rolls of filament. Definitely my recommendation for a cheapish printer with good quality prints and excellent software and ease of use.

Do note, that FDM/FFF printers(the ones with a roll of filament) don’t have as high a level of detail as a SLA printer. So if you want to print smaller models (x<1:100) then consider SLA type printers. See:

Be aware that the Ender 3 has a design flaw. The plastic filament guide lever that keeps pressure on the filament against the feeder servo breaks easily. The upgrade is cheap and easy, so just do it straight up.

Otherwise, I have had no dramas with the Ender 3, great results and super easy to use.

I’ve actually been 3D printing my models for the past few years with this MakerGear M2 Desktop 3D Printer and they all seem to find it “cool”.

Check this article to know more about others 3D printer for architecture.
Hope this will helpful.