3D panel Texture

grasshopper
(Peterwells) #1

Hi Everyone.

I’ve been asked to create a 3D texture on a panel similar to the attached image - with some curved indents defined by a pattern of randomly shaped interlocking splines. I am guessing this is something that can be done in grasshopper, but I am struggling to think how to go about it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to create this?

Wave-panels-by-Georg-Ackermann-04

I have been considered doing some proper grasshopper training, as it seems like it would be useful for a few of the things I have to do now and again and might generally make my life easier when modelling things, but I don’t know if that would be over the top/ too in depth for how much I would be using it - does anyone have any experience or know if it would be worth it, or have any other suggestions on how to go about getting more up to speed with it?

Thanks!

Script for wood pattern
(Adam Mounsey) #2

This is probably not the most efficient way to do it (late night after a long day), but this is one method. I used a few more components than I normally would, in the hope that it might be easier for you to figure out what is going on.

3D panel Texture.gh (17.6 KB)

(Peterwells) #3

Thank you for the quick reply Adam.

That looks pretty close, I’m not sure if I will get a chance to look at it in detail today, but I will come back if I have any questions or need any help with it.