0xe06d7363, RmaErrorReporting.exe

Hello, Anyone knows why this error occurs when I run a c# plugin in Rhino5? The plugin works for couple of hours and then crashes.

Thanks

Hi @Theofanis,

When Rhino crashes, does it leave a .dmp on your desktop? If so, can you send it to me?

– Dale

I have deleted it but I have kept a screenshot. Is it enough? I will run it again and send it to you. There are some times that Rhino crashes and gives me nothing. Just stops running the plugin and closes.

Dale, I am keep having Rhino crashing. I have sent some of the errors to the Rhino team. It might be a memory usage problem. I can see that as plugin runs the memory being used increases all the time though I dispose the objects created. I am using an optimisation code so the number of iterations is large and the objects created the same. Is there a way to free up memory?

Theofanis

Hi @Theofanis,

No, the screen shot isn’t nearly enough. The .dmp file left behind when Rhino crashes may help.

Since you are running Rhino 5, there isn’t anything we can do if Rhino is causing the crash. That said, have you run your plug-in in the Visual Studio debugger so you can try to catch the crash?

– Dale

I was told by McNeel team that the crash was due to T-splines Plugin. I am still trying to take some more feedback for the error, like send me the report file to see if I can figure out what the problem is, but they don’t get back to me. I know that T-splines plugin was shut down, but the error report might be of some help.

Dale, I am attaching you the dmp file in 7z format. I have monitored the RAM when I run the Rhino plugin and Rhino crashes when RAM goes at 95-96%. Any ideas?

RhinoCrashDump.7z (5.1 MB)

Theofanis

Hi @Theofanis,

The call stack isn’t very helpfu. But I do see T-Splines towards the top.

– Dale

I just used the clearUndo command and the memory leak is fixed. Thanks a lot :wink:

Well, technically that’s not a memory leak. But I get it.

– Dale

Eventually no, it wasn’t a memory leak. But the T-splines plugin I guess created this effect of memory leak. Thank you for your help Dale!