Wish - Clipping Plane follow path/ Perp curve

Just wishing for this lots the past few days in my work. I know it’s been stated before:

But I just want to rattle that cage a bit harder:)

Thanks,
Ernest

Hi Ernest - OrientOnCrv works for this, if I understand what you want- use the Perpendicular option to get it set up, and subsequently, OnCurve to set the base point. Does that get at least partway to what you need?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Not entirely. I’m thinking of something a little more Bongo-esque - where the the clipping plane is sort of mated perpendicular to the curve, so that it can be dragged around and maintain ‘perpendicularity’.

Where it would have been particularly helpful for me lately would be on a closed curve that bobs and weaves in all directions. This curve represents the edge of a part, and I am using the clipping plane to visual inspect the clearances between a few parts in relation to it.

• makes me wonder if I could just set this up in grasshopper… anyway, a wish nonetheless.

Thanks,
Ernest

Hi Ernest - just in case it helps or gives hope - this is how it it will work in V6

http://screencast.com/t/8SI4lLHtcU

Does that come close?

-Pascal

Yeah, that’s pretty close. Thanks for taking the time for the screencast.

It would still be fantastic if the relationship could be maintained without having to run the transformation at each move…

Ernest