UnrollSrfUV in Rhino for Mac

Will “UnrollSrfUV” be implemented for Rhino for Mac soon? I am trying to create what would be a doubly-curved metal sheet. Since I want to make the form from a single sheet of metal I want to be able to lasercut it accurately. I have “flattened” the surface using Smash, but there is a command “UnrollSrfUV” that can preserve UV direction, however it doesn’t seem to be implemented in Rhino for Mac. Are there any other alternatives?

Hi Chuck- neither command will return an accurate 2d version of the 3d shape if the surface to be unrolled has compound curvature.

-Pascal

That is unfortunate. Is there a way to accurately create a flattened version of a form with double curvature in Rhino?

[quote=“cealigbe, post:3, topic:22921, full:true”]
That is unfortunate. Is there a way to accurately create a flattened version of a form with double curvature in Rhino?
[/quote] The flattened version of a shape with compound curvature requires stretching and/or compressing the material due to the way geometry works.

Squish is the command to use in Rhino for Windows to flatten a surface with compound curvature and have control over the stretching/compression. http://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/mac/help/en-us/index.htm#commands/squish.htm

(Edited - command is available)