Rhino for Mac - Removed Features

Although I started to use Rhino for Mac since firsts WIPs, this is the first time I know that Paneling Tools were available. Maybe ut was better to follow the forum, but anyway I think that the notes of the release updates should have been more complete.

Also, I use Rhino mostly for architecture and I think that Grasshopper is a big lack. I hope that as soon as possible it will be implemented.

Anyway, I’m glad for the RC1!

I didn’t know PT was in there either until very recently. Assumed due to the lack f plugins that it wasn’t. Will be removed in release, however I understand you’ll still be able to use a wip to access them until plugin support gets added.

Bummer about Paneling Tools. It was a really cool feature. Truth be told I only played around with it, but hoped to work it into my design workflow over time. Are there any other comparable tools/features?

You can still use Paneling Tools. It’s moved to the WIP (see original post above).

Thanks for your reply.
So, the idea is that I would only use the WIP, or would I have to keep both WIP and RC1 on my system.
I’m guessing the WIP won’t have future updates, or patches, correct?

The full commercial release - when it releases - ought to be stable.

The WIP will continue to be a Work-In-Progress, so there may be instability, bugs, half-finished development work. There will be new WIPs as we add features and fix bugs…we don’t know the frequency of releases yet.

You can have both on your system at the same time. The application name for the full commercial release is “Rhinoceros” and the WIP is “RhinoWIP.” They have slightly different icons and their version numbers are different.

Good to know, it seemed to a bit ambiguous in the RC1 discussion.

Hi, I was using panelling tools for an architecture project on college and recently discovered they were eliminated. The final presentation is tomorrow, monday 25. Is there any way I can access the tools, either on RC1 or on the WIP’s?

As was written in the first post in this thread:

Owners of Rhino for Mac will be able to use these features in the WIP, but will need a license of Rhino for Mac to use the WIP. To download the latest WIP, visit http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino-for-mac/5B/wip

Good afternoon! I´ve just intstalled the new version, when I try to use any of the texture the program includes the don´t work, they disappear when I move it to the MATERIALS OF THE MODEL?

Nice new logo!

I was wondering if there was any update. I have people asking me for printed plans.

1 Like

Are you asking about Paneling Tools and Toucan (the topics in this thread)…? It sounds like you are asking about Layout features, which are planned for 5.2 release and should show up in the RhinoWIP in the near-ish future for testing and refinement.

1 Like

We all need to be able to make dimensioned and noted Layouts with views and sections so we can move forward and have a productive work flow. The sooner the better…

I was referring to layouts, section, etc. for drawings

1 Like

Hi! I heard about this software when I watched a youtube video that showed that the software has a tool that you can select, on Google Earth, terrains. I’ve downloaded the software and installed it (for Mac) but I dont seem to find that tool within Rhinoceros. Any help please?

Hi Iggy, can you please post the link to the YouTube video? That’ll help us
understand what you saw.

i think you are talking about gismo, i cant think of any other software.
this is unfortunately not available for mac.