Output select short cut from other inputs

So very often finding the output of a component to attach to another new one can be really quite a far reach. And sometimes there are other components attached to the same one nearby.

So instead of having to zoom out and select the output of the desired component, it would be great if we could select the input of another component that is also connected to the desired component and have the connector automatically link to the desired component.

So from the attachement exemples, instead of having to select the output of element A and drag it to the input of element C. One can select and drag the input of element B onto the input of element C with a shortcut key, and the element A will connect to element C.

I hope this makes sense.

1 Like

There is a similar shortcut to MOVE connections from one port to another (ctrl+shift click and drag connections from one port to another), but nothing exists to do what you are saying. I’ve added it as a wish for GH2: http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-33087

Can’t test right now (on an iPad), but if you right-click while dragging, don’t you get copies of wires inserted?

Yes, this works when connecting an output to several inputs. I believe what the user is asking for is to copy the input source from one component input to another.

Yup, just got to my pc and indeed that doesn’t work while ‘rewiring’. I think it should though, but you’re right, it may not happen until GH2.

@fraguada - So the same move as the ctrl + shift but a copy of it rather than a move. thank you all!