NEED HELP: create surface between 2 "profile curves" and rail curves

Hello Everyone,

i am rhino beginner and have some problems to built my design in 3D.
Can you help me to create at first a surface between 2 profile curves and one rail curves.
i have a drawing of my design and a screenshot from my rhino file.
Maybe there are better ways to create this design??

ones more: on the drawing, you can see “layers” (on the top), so at the end, the model should built with this layers of 15mm, so you can see “stairs” between the layers.

Thank you in advance, hope you understand :))

Davide

Hi!

1. You have to rotate top star. Create full circle to the bottom. Then split it to 5 sections.
  2. Create 2 separate curved lines from 2 views (red). (Curves must be from end point to star edges). Then use Curve from two views (blue).
  3. Rotate created curve to the edges of top star. Rotate bottom circle parts to fit curves.
  4. Then you can use Sweep 2 rails for 2nd 3rd 4th section. I mean first section is from bottom curve edge to clockwise.
  5. Repeat # 2 to make curves from “corner” edge to star edge.
  6. Then cut 1st and 5th bottom lines and connect to the halfs of the"corner".
    Check how many points on 1st and 5th bottom curves have. Simplify as much as possible.
    Rebuild 1st and 5th top curves to match with points on bottom curves (makes better qualited surface)
  7. Sweep 2 rails.
    8 Side view, draw lines to cut surfaces. If slices outern sides must be straight, then just extrude the edges straight you made earlier. Then create surfaces between extruded slices, and cut off outer and inner parts.

I hope this helps you to go on…

Wagner

Thank you Wagner :)) At the moment it isn’t everything clear in my mind, but i think a will understand by doing your guideline step by step.

sunny greetings

By the way, if you want layers with each 15mm you should choose a height which is a multiplication of 15mm, so 525 or 510mm :wink:

@Wagner thanks for the idea with sweep 2 Rail (I often forget this method), I first tried it with fill surface, which wasn’t very successful.

You could try lofting and then twisting before you split, cap and rotate…

I’ve added a variable fillet to the outer edges going to zero at the bottom after the twist command and before the split and rotate.

Andy