Is it necessary to increase surface display for accurate use as a cutting item?

Hi
V5
We have all seen ghost gaps etc when the surface display is showing under default settings, and moving the slider (somewhere in properties) to max fixes such. If using this default surface, is it reliable for e.g. cutting solids or might I get a more accurate cut if its slider is maxed ?

i.e is Rhino going to use the mathematical location of the surface to perform the cut or the visual.

I would presume the former but has anyone experienced differences in cut depending on display settings ?

Interested to know how Rhino cuts with a surface on a solid in a boolean operation, does it look at intersections of isocurves on that solids surfaces then place InterpCrv type curves between these intersects then create a surface between these ?

Steve

My understanding is the display mesh setting only affects the display. It does not affect computations such as intersections, splitting, trimming, fillets, etc. Those operations are affected by the tolerance settings in Properties > Units.

A simple experiment shows that the result of a typical Boolean operation is a polysurface using the original surfaces trimmed as needed.