How to convert text dot to predictable, usable curves?

Thanks Mitch! That certainly worked. As an aside, the script originally wasn’t recognizing the particular font I was trying to use (“(Existence Stencil Light”), but it was working with other more common fonts. I ended up installing that same font on another computer with Rhino. In that case, I was able to simply explode the text and that resulting curves where fine. Also, your script worked on that computer as expected. So I went back to the original computer I noticed the problem on, uninstalled and reinstalled the font. That solved the issue. I guess the font I had was corrupt…

While reinstalling the font solved the issue of exploding regular text to curves, your script is useful to me for a couple of reasons.

1- It saves me having to convert the text dots before exploding and more importantly
2- the result of going through the TextObject command produces much cleaner geometry than simply exploding text. I’ve attached some images for comparison. Its pretty clear when you zoom in how rough the curves resulting from exploded text actually are!

Finally, I had trouble at first as I though it was a RhinoScript. I ended up running it as a python script (which I haven’t used before!).

I really appreciate you having helped.

Thanks!

cbass