Wish: absolute/relative heights for elevations

Hello!
It would be convenient if the viewport level marks could be somehow toggled from absolute to relative heights.
I’m using the (nice) feature that buildings (the ‘parent’ object of the level) in the Level panel can be given a height, too. If doing so, the levels in the panel show of course relative heights (to the building), but the viewport marks show the absolute heights, which makes them somewhat hard to recognize. Only by the level name, which is often obscured.

On the opposite, in the Level panel, there could be another column showing the absolute heights, too?

Thanks a lot!
Best regards
Eugen

1 Like

Hi Eugen,
We will consider this feature. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Hello!
Since I could need this again and again (relative level marks), I’d like to give this a bump and ask if you have plans to implement it.
Thanks!

@Eugen, this feature is planned for VisualARQ 3.

However, I’d like to know your opinion about how to measure the elevation of certain objects.

For example, right now, in the case of openings (doors and windows), the elevation is measured taking into account the opening vertical alignment position. For example, the window in the picture below, has the Elevation to 1,1meters, because it measures 1x1 meter, and has been inserted from the “Top” vertical alignment.

Is this what you would expect from the future “Relative” and “Absolute” elevation, or would you always measure that from the bottom edge of the opening, regardless of its vertical alignment insertion?