Where is the Split Screen for GH and Rhino on the Mac side?

Where is the Split Screen for GH and Rhino on the Mac side?

Best,

Wm

Do you mean two equally sized manually or auto-magically?

If former just drag size both. If latter, don’t know if exists…???

Yes, Like on Windows

I think you’re describing the Windows 10 desktop tool where you drag a window to the side of the display and it automatically scales up and docks to that side.
This is a Windows feature, not a Rhino or Grasshopper feature.

1 Like

In Win, it is Windows key + left or right arrows, if memory serves, correct?

Like you probably tried, every combination of left or right arrows + command or option or control or shift did not work on Mac OS.

On macOS you can use its Split View feature with Grasshopper and the Rhino window.

Hope this helps!
Curtis.

1 Like

nice!

1 Like

Good news!

I searched for it but do not see it.

Where is it?

Click on the “Split View” link in Curtisw’s reply.

1 Like

Thanks!!!

Yea, it’s a finger !@#$ maneuver though.

I can do it faster manually. (this could be a personal problem) Someone told me Macs were better. Now I want my money back. (Not!..:imp:)

1 Like

ha.
after you’re in it, the two will be linked together… resize one window and the other follows.
so that part at least, is faster than manually arranging.

(that said, the original move is also faster than manually arranging… i think.
:wink: )

1 Like

Wm, I’d highly recommend getting this app: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/bettersnaptool/id417375580?mt=12

Better Snap Tool is indispensable if you like the window snapping features of Windows and you miss them on a Mac.

I’m a long time Mac user and only use Windows for Rhino with MadCAM and the window snapping is just better in Windows than MacOS in my opinion.

The way to Split Screen any window on Mac OS is to hold the green dot in the left corner of an app window hold it clicked for moment the you will be able to select the left/right side of the screen and the secent app you want to have on the other half of the screen.

1 Like

Thanks, all!!!

the problem here is that all the panels will still display with this method. Meaning you barely will have space for your active window

Nah, there is a command ToggleRightSidebar and ToggleLeftSidebar which will hide those… I personally have them setup to screenedge macros (cursor touch on the right side of the screen will collapse the right panel)

there’s also little icons on the bottom right and left corners to accomplish the same thing (on v8 at least… they might be somewhere else on v7 but they’re there)

anyway, this is a full screen screenshot of Split Screen with Grasshopper and Rhino.

you can make it so there’s barely any non-canvas/non-viewport