What method to show 3dm files as images in File Explorer win10?

Hi.
I am about to solve the fact that Msoft dont show thumbnails images for image files, except jpg and png.

.psd photoshop is now fixed with SageThumbs as the prog I used in win7 has deceased/not found on the www.

However what is needed to see images of .3dm files in File Explorer, in win10, in the same manner as we see them in rhino File>open ?

I then find this in a post:-

It may not be related to this specific issue, but users who have installed Sage Thumbs may have the same problem like me.
For the solution I selected “use embedded thumbnails first” option from Sage Thumbs settings and added 3dm file to the filetypes (I don’t know if this was needed), and now I can see all thumbnails of old and new files.

so perhaps SageThumbs is the answer ?

update.

It didnt have my file explorer with images instead of .psd. icons.
it then managed to freeze up, couldnt close it, had to uninstall it. couldnt even end task it as it was not in the list.
Rubbish prog. I dont like doing a positive PC build then ripping stuff out !

Need one that simply generates thumbs as my previous one did.

Cheers

Steve

I use FastPictureViewer Codec Pack (3.8.0.97) for that. Solved the issue for me.

In a file explorer window choose ‘view by large images’ will display a image thumbnail of a .3dm file. Like this

No real need to do anything else.

Hi,
Gijs, thats good in fact FANTASTIC to know the prog I used FastPictureViewer still works in win10,
I will try and get that version, their fb page is dead.

That will solve Photoshop being just blue icons.

Joseph, hey youre right, thumbnails show.
That has to be more McNeel writing a png or jpg when file is saved rather than Msoft making sure Rhino is seen !

Excellent

I have now installed trial FastPictureViewer.
It shows photoshop as an image not an icon.
.3dm was already being ok.

I am surprised however that these dont appear as images:-

.eps

.psx (Agisoft project file)

.Dxf common cad file

.dwg common cad file

.mpg (video file)

.doc

.ai (adobe illustrator)

Steve