What is your Hobby?

I do both, and actually I believe the same instinct is being satisfied

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve got quite a collection of silver coins, war medals, rings, musket balls, buttons etc. My wife gets mad that I wonā€™t sell anything, but all those items have memories attached. Thatā€™s worth more to me than a few bucks Iā€™ll get selling them. And as much as my memory is getting worse the older I get, I can still remember where I found pretty much everything in my collection. :smile:

5 Likes

Yes that counts! Have any pictures of good finds?

G

1 Like

I have a few on my phone still. Hereā€™s one I found a week or so ago in a local park near my house.

Couple rings I found from the same park:

Hereā€™s some American silver from a local school yard (along with a Canadian silver quarter):

It goes on and onā€¦ :smile:

I think Iā€™m going to do some magnet fishing soon. The Detroit river should have some interesting finds.

Dan

11 Likes

thatā€™s so cool, also a nice way to get exercise. Thaks for sharing Dan!

1 Like

That Dino ring is RAD!

1 Like

Clearly pre-Roman.

-Pascal

8 Likes

Photography. Not a pro but I do enjoy it.

Lightroom

1 Like

1 Like

grasshopper gold :wink: :wink:

Yeah I love these stories - this is one from a few years ago - may never be topped,

-Pascal

2 Likes

Itā€™s a true pity gold isnt magnetic:( Iā€™ve seen some videos from magnet fishersā€¦mainly guns. Have you done some magnet fishing yet?

Not yet. Iā€™ve got the magnet and the parachute cord but I havenā€™t actually done it. I live 2 city blocks from water. I really have no excuse.

Iā€™m sure that will be fun! good luck finding valuable stuff and hidden treasures!

Iā€™m into arranging music, like over-dubs (with rearranged background music, mostly orchestral stuff and also (pipe) organs etc). Iā€™m not a pro, not at Hans Zimmerā€™s level (ā€¦), but I do stand listening to my own arrangements of existing melodies.

Here I added my own piano & orchestral background to an existing (Norwegian) song from Youtube.

BTW, learning the tool, in my case Cubase (DAW), is like learning RhinoĀ²ā€¦ :wink: and with no @pascal to ask when stuck in the mud.

// Rolf

You will absolutely be disappointed if you try to get help from me about music. Just sayinā€™

-Pascal

2 Likes

Cool. I always think it is amazing how people can work with music with that type of visuals. Iā€™m much more of a score person myself, so Free music composition and notation software | MuseScore is what I like to use. And it had recently its Musescore 4 release which has been one of the biggest and most successful GUI overhaul in open source software I can think of in recent history. Anyway, if youā€™re into music Iā€™d suggest also looking into Musescore.

1 Like

Yes, I have Musescore 3 installed. Thank you for the hint about v4!

Now, Cubase also has an inbuilt Score Editor, so I can switch between using the visual MIDI lines and the Score Editor (they are kept in sync in the background). Thatā€™s really handy.

//Rolf

1 Like

Jajaja

Pascal,
What is your hobby?

Hi Alan - when I get a chance I like to make pottery -

-Pascal

20 Likes