What is your Hobby?

A new area for me has been custom keyboard building. Part of it is also trying to build a contraption with which I can position the keyboard halves however I want them for best comfort. Here the first prototype from wood, and the second and current prototype from aluminium and springs

18 Likes

I almost wonder if I have too many - and it doesn’t help that actually getting into 3d has been added to the list.

I’ve had the chance to play with Rhino years ago, and was first introduced to it in middle school, but apparently I decided that modeling had to join the ranks of audio production and aviation as a “regular” endeavor as of a couple weeks ago.

Not the best photo, but this is coming back from the New York area (was leaving Essexville, NJ more specifically) to Michigan.

As for the audio, I mostly produce “in the box” using soft synths, although I do have a Behringer Neutron and Modal Cobalt 8M.

As for Rhino, I’ve apparently made doing lighted contours of things kind of a shtick (good thing I figured out how to do the bulk of the work in Python, because otherwise it’s tedious)

6 Likes

Check out Sonic Pi if ypu haven’t already.

2 Likes

Oh… oh my… thanks for showing me another rabbit hole to go down :smiley:

I suppose I could mention I’ve also developed a module (and even made some money from it if you can believe it) for the Voltage Modular virtual modular platform.

Need more hours in a day…

Wow!! Now there’s an adrenaline rush.

Hey a fellow paraglider pilot! :slight_smile:

This is Sand City, CA, but my home site is now the Santa Barbara front range.

9 Likes

This is a funny thread… my big hobbies are making music (guitar and bass) and playing Go.
Any more Go players here?

greets, Tobias

No Go, but feel free to post some music! (have some experience there either)

Claim Rhino Improvements :slight_smile:

Here is one for instance

3 Likes

that is some first class root music, catchy appropriate name!

2 Likes

Thanks! It was a lot fun recording that stuff

All my music is produced “in the box”, so to speak.

Here’s one of mine: Times that never were - YouTube

2 Likes

Painting outside.

20 Likes

Sometimes when I get bored of 3d design I like to draw

IMG_20210204_023055_934

Or do things like this

33 Likes

I have several hobbies, but my wife finally got her wish this summer and we bought a tandem SUP board… and I must admit it was pretty magical. My dad used to have a sail boat, and I’ve gone rowing and canoeing but surprisingly, none of that compares. I suspect this is the closest feeling to walking on water one can get.

(I was sceptical at first, but before summer we had a potential client come in at work who demonstrated the same inflatable material the board we bought was made of… not sure I can publicly talk about the scenario he described, but suffice to say it’s absolutely no lie that you can drive a truck over this stuff!) :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Whitewater kayaking, when the river is up.

3 Likes

No one into fishing?

Does dirt fishing with a metal detector count? I’ve been doing that for over 30 years.

2 Likes

Anything good?

-Pascal