What is the equation for this picture?

Hi there, I would like to create a style like this picuture,
I’ve made everything basiclly the same except cannot find the right function for f(x).
the result looks a lot different, does anyone know what the theory of this expression?
Many thanks in advance,
Sussi
0609.gh (7.7 KB)

Looks like it’s just x^y (and with the series starting from zero)

(so effectively decreasing the scale by 10% with each step)

1 Like

Hi Daniel,
Thanks a lot for the help, that meas a lot to me. you just made my day!
I will give it a try right away.:slight_smile:

The attached - existed stuff written long time ago as one of many Recursion tutorials for my people in the practice - may(?) made another day of yours.

But the bad news is that it can’t teach you a thing or two … unless you want to walk the coding walk (highly recommended).
Recursion_PolylinesWithFillets_V1.gh (122.1 KB)

Note:

1. Input convex planar closed Polys (say the likes or Vor2D) in Plane.WorldXY. No convex test is included (but obviously I could add one). No plane test is included. If no correct Poly is found the C# terminates.
  2. Polys are auto checked for the required direction (clockwise).
  3. If fillet is false then a solution is always provited.
  4. If fillet is true then the R/steadyR/minL/reduction vars dictate if the Recursive creation terminates (or not). Meaning that if a small segment (i.e. the connection line between arcs length is less than minL) in a given poly is found (even the parent one) … this poly (+ the next ones) is excluded from the party.
  5. This type of Recursion could yield quite interesting/wild artistic results in 3D (the likes of freaky twisted “towers” etc) . No such option is included.
1 Like

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the resourse & explanation, your Recursion is amazing.
However, coding is too difficult for me at the moment, but you’re right, this type of Recursion could generate surprising design to me.
I guess to understand mathematics is another way for me if I cannot code. :frowning:

You can create like this

vor.gh (12.9 KB)

4 Likes

Hi Seghier,
That’s much easier to understand. :rofl:
I tried to figure out why x^y can create such sequence then give up ha…
“range” maybe good for someone like me as beginner.
Thanks a lot for the help.

1 Like