Weird Clipping-plane intersections with SubD

Hello everyone, I made a previous topic about this before but I believe my initial problem may be due to a bug.

I have here a Closed SubD. It’s about 1,5 meters from the world origin. When i clip it using a standard clippingplane, the cut generates nicely. However, it only does so when I cut it along the top-view-plane. Whenever i try to move or rotate my clippingplane, Rhino does not generate nice cuts. Instead, the clippingplane-intersection becomes all jagged and weird, not to mention that the cut does not fill. Instead, it shows my SubD as a hollow shape.

Here’s what it’s supposed to look like, nicely generated edges/cuts.

Here’s what it looks like when I rotate the clippingplane. Same position, same shape, same everything, just a rotated clippingplane 90-degrees.

I’m on rhino for Mac right now, should be the latest version. But i can make sure to test this again on Windows to see if the problem persists.

Thanks.

Hi Alexander -

I’m not seeing that here in a quick test. Please post both the 3dm file that you are having issues with and the output of the Rhino SystemInfo command.
-wim

Hey, Wim! I’ve made a google doc for you with the full output of the command.

Here: Systeminfo - Google Docs

I’ll attach the 3dm file that you asked for as well! Hope this helps.

Thanks.
SubD-clip.3dm (3.4 MB)

Hej Alexander -

Thanks! I’ve reported this issue as RH-82133 Display: Issue with clipped SubD objects
-wim

1 Like