I have made a small discovery which I think centres a visibility problem we have with objects created in Grasshopper and visualised in Rhino 7. It is we presume in the mix of settings for Rhino 7 that we have created in running through the standard install, and the use of LadyBug Tools v1.3 plugins for Grasshopper. This happens on a whole bunch of student lab computers. I have created a small animated visualisation to show what we encounter.
Essentially, the LBT 1.3 script creates all the input geometry, runs the analyses and outputs the graphics to Rhino 7. In this situation, controlling what we see in the standard Rhino ports is something over which we have limited control. Sometimes they are there. Sometimes not. When we first run LBT 1.3, not.
The script has a bunch of model visualisation tools provided to help the users visualise the model prior to running the model (e.g. a graphic representation of the rooms and their R-values). Turning these on and off seems to trigger the visualisation of the other objects. But even this is not reliable. Zooming in and out amongst the various graphics produces oddly variable visibility.
In the past 24 hours, we have discovered an apparent cure: draw any object in the Rhino window. All the objects appear AND zooming in an out has no effect on visibility.
I have created a youtube demonstration of the phenomenon (not a solution, but a way of working around the issue, so if this provides insights into what Rhino settings we need to change, I would be ever so grateful):