Text in Rhino 7 not visible

Hello, i have one text created in Rhino 6 grasshopper with the human text tool. Now i have the problem, that this text is not visible in Rhino 7. But i can it see in Rhino 6. Can someone help me please? Thank you

Hi Michael, can you post the Rhino 6 file?

SystemInfo (type in command line) might be needed as well.

Thanks

Text fehlerhaft.3dm (34.1 KB)
SystemInfo.txt (2.2 KB)

Do you have an additional video card on the laptop that is not registering?

Standard graphics configuration.
  Primary display and OpenGL: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 615 (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 9-5-2020 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 - Build 27.20.100.8681
    > Integrated graphics device with 3 adapter port(s)
        - Windows Main Display is laptop's integrated screen or built-in port

No sorry Japhy i havnt

do you have any other idea to fix that problem? thx for your support

the same problem is also on a pc an surfaces in our company, it using rhino 7.

The computer is severally underpowered. Working with very few visible objects in wireframe will reduce the load on the the very underpowered system.

Please provide system information on the other PC as well. Thanks.

Hey Japhy, here are the other system informations from an other PC. I hope you can say anything more now. Thanks.

sys_Bankraum.txt (2.0 KB)

Hi Michael -

For some reason, that text object has it’s color set to rgba (0,0,0,0) - that is, black with 100% transparency - which makes it invisible in the viewports. Rhino 6 did not support transparency.

I see that Rhino 7 doesn’t allow you to set the display color with 100% transparency and also, when checking an object that somehow did get such display color, doesn’t correctly report that.
My screenshot is from Rhino 8 where detecting this has been fixed.

To make that object visible on Rhino 7, simply change its display color.
Apart from all that, note that you are running old expired eval versions of Rhino 7.
-wim

Hi Wim, thank you so much. It works.