ViewCaptureToClipboard not working on 7

I use this command fairly often to do presentations in Photoshop and InDesing. For some reason when I type the command in Rhno then I go to Photoshop to paste the clipboard there is nothing to paste. It works great in 6

1 Like

I logged a bug earlier this week that might be related.
If you specify a Custom resolution that is larger than your Windows Desktop, the capture fails. Resolutions less than or equal to the Windows Desktop work fine.

Does this describe your situation?

Iā€™m sorry for intruding here but this sounds exactly like an issue Iā€™m experiencing. My Windows resolution is set to FHD but I cannot capture anything that is bigger than this:

• Using the ViewCaptureToFile command and setting Scale Factor to anything above 1 while using 1920x1080 simply does not save the image. But the command line reads ā€œImage successfully savedā€.
  • My automated GHPython implementation simply returns None from the ViewCapture.CaptureToBitmap() method.
  • Using ViewCapture.CaptureToBitmap(ViewCaptureSettings) static method also fails when setting a dpi resolution (for example 300 dpi for a print image).

If it helps Iā€™ll gladly provide files or code. Iā€™d really appreciate this being fixed to generate images for printing again :slight_smile:

Yup:
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-57246