Very slow workflow/calulation

hey,

i noticed heavy calculation time when editing va objects (especially walls). after reinstalling rhino 7 and update to the latest va version i expected a faster workflow, but the issue still exist. not able to work on projects with va in an efficient way.

very minimal scene, (fresh,new scene) with only 8 walls.

for example, using the wall arrows for changing height or length can took about 30 seconds or more to see the result after calculation, but it seems to be a very random issue. sometimes it works faster, sometimes slower.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance for any help!

Hi @frankpuechner,

That is not the regular behaviour. Are you using a mac? Are you running Windows using Boot Camp? If not, which other software are you using to run Windows?

no mac, no bootcamp. using windows10 on a hp workstation.

Hi @frankpuechner,

Ok, I saw that you used the “mac” in the post and I assumed you were using one.

Do you have any other plug-ins installed in your Rhino? You can check the plug-ins you have installed in the “Rhino Options” > “Plug-ins” > “Plug-ins that do not ship with Rhino”. If you do, please disable them just in case any of them is causing a problem in the VisualARQ behaviour (you need to keep the “Tibidabo” and “VisualARQ” plug-ins enabled).

If disabling the other plug-ins does not work, please send us your hardware specifications. Does this slow performance happen with every file? You say that “sometimes it works faster”, is that in certain files or does it work faster and slower in the same file?

The only plugin that do not shipped with rhino is OpenNestRhino.
deactivation does not change the performance issue.

tested already different new files and i would say that the performance is not that fast that i had in the past. cant remember such a bad performance on rhino 5.

Prozessor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
RAM 32,0 GB
Grafikkarte Quadro K-4200
Systemtyp 64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor

Hi @frankpuechner,

Please, take a look to this site where we give some tips to work with large files, just in case it helps: https://www.visualarq.com/support/tip/tips-to-streamline-the-workflow-with-large-files-in-rhino/

Please, could you send me any file where you are having this slow performance? We would like to take a look to check if we can reproduce the problem in our computer and figure out why this is happening.