Unable to set Lens Length

Continuing the discussion from Full Screen wish:

Having used Alt+Ctrl+Shift + RMB to dynamically set the lens length, I find it impossible to set it through the Lens Length field on the Properties tab. I try to select the current value but the cursor jumps to the beginning of the field and any keyboard input is deleted and ignored.

@wim
Works OK for me in (6.0.17024.22391, 24/01/2017), I can change the lens length by typing a value on the properties box.

Running (6.0.17024.22391, 2017-01-24) here as well.
Could you just post a simple file that works for you so I can try that here?

same build as Rodri here, and it works fine via properties.

the cursor always jumps to the right if it is not the ā€œfirstā€ click from the viewport into any field, but I can still set the values.

yep, exactly

lenslength4wim.3dm (25.6 KB)

ScreenShot video:
LensLength.zip (149.0 KB)

Also, I expect Shift + Tab to hop ā€˜upwardsā€™ from field to field (and regular Tab to hop downwards). But here that hops downwards only. So at some point in that video I select the Height field and tab down to get to the Lens Length field.

No changes in behavior with that file.

Hi Wim -
Iā€™ve seen some dialogs with similar problems, but I think they were all fixed and right now this one is fine, here at least. It is odd that the same build behaves differently on your machine.

OK- the developer says heā€™ll take a look, heā€™s got an idea what might be going wrongā€¦

-Pascal

1 Like

Hi Wim - just to make sure - are you running any Windows level utilities of any kind that might influence how typing goes? (Shift-Tab should be fixed, by the wayā€¦)

-Pascal

Not that Iā€™m aware of, no. (And anything else would be kinda frightening).

Yesā€¦ =)

Then one more thing - are there any other dialogs/panels/settings that behave this way? Iā€™d expect the answer to be yes but, just checking - it would be extra-weird if this were the only place it turns up.

-Pascal

dialogs/panels/settings
Any hints on what I should / could be looking for?

This behaves this way for all the fields in the viewport properties panel.

Apart from that, Iā€™ve now tried the Notes, Groundplane, and BoxEdit panels and they all work as expected (i.e. are not misbehaving).

Hi Wim - thanks, yeah, that is what I meant - so it is, so far, isolated in that one controlā€¦ Checking with the developerā€¦

-Pascal

1 Like