Full Screen wish

Hi,

When I am giving a presentation in full screen mode, it would be useful to have the possibility to add some buttons at the lower bar. For example lens length would be useful.

Thanks,

Gerard

You could try the attached macro - put it on an alias. Type the alias and Enter. The Lens Length toolbar will popup and then disappear after you choose a new length. You can type stuff in fullscreen mode even if you don’t see the command line.

_PopupToolbar "Lens Length"

Otherwise, I have a script (below) you can put on an alias - type the alias, Enter, then type a number for the new length, then Enter. Also works in fullscreen mode.

ChangeLensLength.py (575 Bytes)

–Mitch

another possibility:
if you set fullscreen to keep the statusbar, and use alt+ctrl+shift + rclick(and drag) to set the lens dynamically in viewport, you will see the lense length displayed while you drag.

if you drag on the viewport edges, the jumps will be 5mm incremental

Thanks Mitch!

The popup works.
How to activate your script from an Alias is something to find out at a later time.
What I know is to _RunPythonScript and then to activate your script by hand also works. But how to put it in an alias is something I am not yet familiar with.

Anyway,

Thanks again!

Thanks dk2079,

However, over here I always forget all these shortcuts :wink:

Two ways to do this:

1. Paste the whole script into the alias box in options. This is fairly unwieldy, as the alias box only shows one line, but it does actually work. the format would be the following:

! _-RunPythonScript ( <whole script here> )
You have to paste the whole thing in there including the ! _-RunPythonScript ( and the )

1. Put the script somewhere and then make the alias with the full path to the script file.

(example path)
! _-RunPythonScript "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\scripts\ScriptName.py"

There is a third way which involves setting a search path to your chosen folder in the Python editor options, if you do that, you can shorten the alias to just the script name.

! _-RunPythonScript "ScriptName.py"

HTH, --Mitch

1 Like

When presenting you can also hook the projector up as a second screen and then add a new floating viewport that is only showed at the projector, that way you can have all tools and 4 views open on the laptop, but the viewers only see the full screen.