UI Question

The help file mentions the command but you will have to type it.

@margaret, in the windows version of the help topic one can clearly read that it’s not available from toolbars or menus. To me that is not equally clear in the Mac version of the help topic. Is this by design or an oversight?

Like @wim said, you have to type it …

Voila …

Thanks, I am tying to assign it a shortcut…so I need to find it in the commands preferences

:confused:
Don’t you just need to type the command name in a keyboard shortcut in the Rhino Options?

If you want to add an Alias / keyboard shortcut just give it a key combo & then the command

Select the + down on the bottom left.

«Randy

I just changed to use Control+backtic:so it works almost the same as Windows Rhino, and still is comfortable on the keyboard.

Added https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/MR-3005
Add command button and keyboard shortcut for _NextViewport

Windows Rhino uses Control-Tab to switch between viewports. In macOS Sierra, Control-Tab is used to switch between tabs in a window when using tabbed windows. A better menu shortcut choice for _NextViewport in Mac Rhino would be Control-backtick.

•   Switch applications: Command-Tab

•   Switch windows: Command-Backtick

•   Switch window tabs: Control-Tab

•   Switch viewports: Control-Backtick

Add a new command button like shown below to get this functionality right now. We’ll add this to Mac Rhino ourselves soon.

2 Likes

I need to assign this in the preferences —> Commands—>

If you check @marlin post he is having a " Next Viewport " icon that I can not find when I type here :

So I am wondering why I can not see it. The aliases window I believe is to assign a typed command while we work .
What I want is to find the function " Next Viewport " and assign where @marlin shows ctrol+tab.

That is all

Thanks so much.

You need to create a new tool button as outlined here: UI Question. The NextViewport tool button is not in the current version of Mac Rhino. As I said, we will add it soon.

When creating your new tool button, assign the keyboard shortcut you want.

Because it is not there, you have to create it.[quote=“marlin, post:27, topic:27212”]
Add a new command button like shown below to get this functionality right now
[/quote]

You have to Make a Copy of the Default to be able to customise your buttons / icons. Then down on the bottom left hit the + sign to add a new button. Add the info like Marlin’s screenshot above.

Something is wrong with the way the help is displaying topics that are not on menus and toolbar in the latest version. I’ll track down the problem. Thanks.