C# level 1 course: March 9–10, 2020
C# level 2 course: March 11–13, 2020
10 am– 6 pm
McNeel Europe S.L.
Roger de Flor, 32-34 bajos
08018 Barcelona (Spain)
These two courses will take your Rhino/Grasshopper to the next level by developing custom Grasshopper scripts and plug-ins using the C# programming language. As a popular modern programming language, C# is an accessible, high-performance, consistent language suitable for small to large project development. Thanks to the official support of C# in Rhino/Grasshopper, we can extend the capabilities of Rhino and Grasshopper—from automating repetitive tasks, developing customized workflows, to implementing advanced design algorithms and tools, as well as building two-way interaction between Rhino/Grasshopper and other software applications (e.g., Revit).
C# Level 1 (2 days): Introduction Course
The basic-level workshop will introduce the essential programming concepts using the C# language and the well-documented RhinoCommon programming library.
- Essential C# programming concepts: variables, data types, conditional statements, loops, function
- Object-oriented programming
- The C# Script component in Grasshopper
- RhinoCommon basics
- Creating Grasshopper Plug-ins using Visual Studio
- Custom graphics display (custom colors, materials, styles, etc.)
C# Level 2 (3 days): Intermediate/Advanced Course
The intermediate/advanced course will build on the basic-level course and will focus on advanced aspects of C# programming, RhinoCommon API, Grasshopper API. You will also gain a better understanding about the complexity of algorithms (i.e. why they run slow/fast) and clear optimization techniques.
- More in-depth topics about Rhino geometries (Curves, Surfaces, Meshes)
- Editing strings, exporting and importing text files.
- DataTree and Grasshopper data types
- Programmatically interacting with Rhino modeling environment from Grasshopper (e.g. Rhino objects, lights, layers) such as “baking” geometry
- C# Delegates
- Computational complexity: understanding code performance and scalability
- Spatial Data Structure: using RhinoCommon R-Trees to accelerate 3D searches, proximity checking, collision detection
- If time allows, parallel computation with the .NET Task Parallel LibraryOptional topics such as recursion, using external libraries, or topics requested by participants.
C# Level 1: EUR 495,- (+VAT); full-time students, university teachers, and remote participants get a 50% discount (proof of status required).
C# Level 2: EUR 795,- (+VAT); full-time students, university teachers, and remote participants get a 50% discount (proof of status required).
Special offer for both courses: EUR 1195,- (+VAT) Please note your seat is only confirmed after payment has cleared.
Max. number of participants for each course: 10. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled 15 days before.
Max. number of remote participants for each course: 6.
Course language: English
*Educational seats are limited. Sign up now by contacting McNeel Europe!